Rue des Bas Courtils, St Sampson's, GY2 4BP
An impressive and substantial home with panoramic East Coast sea and offshore islands views with large windows and balcony taking full advantage of these highlights.
The accommodation ranges over three floors and offers versatile and considerable living space with the added benefit of a conservatory to the rear which over looks the fully enclosed rear garden. To one side there is an attached self-contained wing, ideal for an older child or dependant relative. To the front there is ample parking on a smart and decoratively paved drive.
In the 6th century, Guernsey’s patron saint, Samson of Dol, had a church built where he first came ashore and where the parish church now stands, dating from 1111.
Industries have thrived in St Sampson’s, but its busy harbour is loosening its blue collar as alternative forms of energy are introduced and cloud-based industries take over. Private leisure boats moor in a marina where coal and timber were once shipped ashore and planners have earmarked the island’s second town for rejuvenation.
Delancey Park is its highpoint and L’Islet shows another side of the parish with a sandy beach and shops, including M&S food hall.
A smaller, detached section of St Sampson’s lies on the northwest coast, with an easier approach to town and to parish life in general.Read our parish guide