Les Basses Capelles Road, St Sampson's, GY2 4WE
A detached and well maintained bungalow situated in a central and convenient location for many amenities.
The property is part furnished and offers well-proportioned accommodation. The property sits centrally on the plot surrounded by lawned gardens with a paved patio directly behind the property which is ideal for al fresco dining.
In the 6th century, Guernsey’s patron saint, Samson of Dol, had a church built where he first came ashore and where the parish church now stands, dating from 1111.
Industries have thrived in St Sampson’s, but its busy harbour is loosening its blue collar as alternative forms of energy are introduced and cloud-based industries take over. Private leisure boats moor in a marina where coal and timber were once shipped ashore and planners have earmarked the island’s second town for rejuvenation.
Delancey Park is its highpoint and L’Islet shows another side of the parish with a sandy beach and shops, including M&S food hall.
A smaller, detached section of St Sampson’s lies on the northwest coast, with an easier approach to town and to parish life in general.Read our parish guide