Les Effards, St Sampson's, Guernsey GY2 4YW
An attractive granite fronted modern chalet bungalow in a central and convenient location within walking distance of the primary and high school.
The accommodation is well proportioned with large bright living areas and four double bedrooms. The garage has been converted to create a utility, useful store and drying room ideal for family life but could easily be reverted to garage use. Externally there is ample parking and to the rear an attractive and mature south facing garden.
In the 6th century, Guernsey’s patron saint, Samson of Dol, had a church built where he first came ashore and where the parish church now stands, dating from 1111.
Industries have thrived in St Sampson’s, but its busy harbour is loosening its blue collar as alternative forms of energy are introduced and cloud-based industries take over. Private leisure boats moor in a marina where coal and timber were once shipped ashore and planners have earmarked the island’s second town for rejuvenation.
Delancey Park is its highpoint and L’Islet shows another side of the parish with a sandy beach and shops, including M&S food hall.
A smaller, detached section of St Sampson’s lies on the northwest coast, with an easier approach to town and to parish life in general.Read our parish guide