Les Sauvagees, St Sampson's, GY2 4XT
Detached chalet bungalow situated off a private road on a quiet lane in a convenient location close to L’Ancresse Common and a short drive from both The Bridge and St Peter Port town centre.
The property has been well maintained and is neatly presented offering bright and spacious rooms. Externally there is a detached garage/store, parking for two cars and an attractive and mature south facing garden.
In the 6th century, Guernsey’s patron saint, Samson of Dol, had a church built where he first came ashore and where the parish church now stands, dating from 1111.
Industries have thrived in St Sampson’s, but its busy harbour is loosening its blue collar as alternative forms of energy are introduced and cloud-based industries take over. Private leisure boats moor in a marina where coal and timber were once shipped ashore and planners have earmarked the island’s second town for rejuvenation.
Delancey Park is its highpoint and L’Islet shows another side of the parish with a sandy beach and shops, including M&S food hall.
A smaller, detached section of St Sampson’s lies on the northwest coast, with an easier approach to town and to parish life in general.Read our parish guide