A spacious family home which has been extended over time and now offers over 2000 ft2 of accommodation which is highly adaptable to a buyer’s needs.
The property has been occupied by one family as main house and wing but is easily reverted to one larger dwelling. There is good access off the main road and excellent parking along with sheltered and private side gardens.
In the 6th century, Guernsey’s patron saint, Samson of Dol, had a church built where he first came ashore and where the parish church now stands, dating from 1111.
Industries have thrived in St Sampson’s, but its busy harbour is loosening its blue collar as alternative forms of energy are introduced and cloud-based industries take over. Private leisure boats moor in a marina where coal and timber were once shipped ashore and planners have earmarked the island’s second town for rejuvenation.
Delancey Park is its highpoint and L’Islet shows another side of the parish with a sandy beach and shops, including M&S food hall.
A smaller, detached section of St Sampson’s lies on the northwest coast, with an easier approach to town and to parish life in general.Read our parish guide