Duveaux Farm Park, St Sampson's, GY2 4YA
An attractive family home situated off a quiet lane in a clos of similar houses within easy walking distance of both primary and secondary schools.
The well proportioned accommodation is neatly presented throughout and offers three bedrooms and a nursey plus a study which has previously been used as a single bedroom. The south facing garden wraps around two sides of the property with a neat parking area to one side providing space for two cars.
In the 6th century, Guernsey’s patron saint, Samson of Dol, had a church built where he first came ashore and where the parish church now stands, dating from 1111.
Industries have thrived in St Sampson’s, but its busy harbour is loosening its blue collar as alternative forms of energy are introduced and cloud-based industries take over. Private leisure boats moor in a marina where coal and timber were once shipped ashore and planners have earmarked the island’s second town for rejuvenation.
Delancey Park is its highpoint and L’Islet shows another side of the parish with a sandy beach and shops, including M&S food hall.
A smaller, detached section of St Sampson’s lies on the northwest coast, with an easier approach to town and to parish life in general.Read our parish guide